Week 4 (1/6 - 1/10)

Busiest Week Of My Winter "Break"


Incoming calls... Meetings galore.... Getting stood-up... and... A break up. 




This past week was one of the most crazy weeks I have ever had. You should see my schedule it literally looks like a 3 year old just went to town with a pen on paper for the first time.




Monday 


...I got a surprising call from professor Capecce letting me know he wants to buy the house next to his. He wants me to keep an eye on it for him! He heard the owner died and he's ready to jump on the investment opportunity. 

A little later in the day my friend Rob’s dad called me. Now, this was really weird. Let me tell you why........Recently I got a new phone, so I don’t have many numbers saved, including Rob’s. So, every time he calls me, its an unsaved number. Naturally, I answer “Hello Alexandra Slaugh.” He always messes with me and says something stupid like “Yeah hi can I get one large house,” or something. However, when I answered the phone this time I got an unfamiliar response: "this is Rob's dad, Rob." 

…his Dad’s name is Rob too!!! Of course they sound exactly the same like classic father and son relations, so right away I’m thinking, oh God, is this Robbie messing with me? Or is this actually his old man!? Obviously I want to be professional if it is his dad, but I didn’t want to seem even more dumb if it was Robbie just getting better at messing with me because I keep forgetting to save his number!

Anyway, it really WAS Robbie’s dad. I was very skeptical... so I suggested we grab lunch sometime this week; we met up the following day and got to know each other.

Before I met Rob’s dad for lunch Tuesday,


...I met with another MU student who’s interested in investing in RE. He actually had called me a while back, he got my number off one of my signs for a listing in Crossgates. We had been in touch and finally got to meet up and it was a great time! We had a lot of connections and mutual friends to share stories about. It’s just awesome meeting another student my age who is as motivated as I am. The rest of the afternoon I spent setting up custom MLS profiles for these two buyers. With these two, its not regular residential stuff. They're both looking to invest, so it’s important to get a good idea of what they look for in an investment and what their plans are for them. The student didn't really have much knowledge or plans, just a lot of money on hand. Robbie's dad, Rob, lol, had done tons of research and had a vision in mind. This is and example of the model he's shooting for:


This was totally great, because it makes my job much easier. I printed out a few new listings that are generally pretty investor-preferred just so I could see which ones he liked most. So, we talked over lunch and he had sent me this with one of the listings I given him to look over. Great to see! 

Wednesday

...it snowed like hell and I got stuck at home til like 11am when they finally plowed my road. I spent most of that time actually looking for houses for my buyers. I notice a lot of agents don’t really do that, but that’s kind of how I closed so many buyer deals already.  Just actually taking the time to look for properties makes a huge difference. Buyer’s don’t have the resources I do, so they usually can’t find squat. Zillow sucks, so I look for them a lot, I try to do at least an hour a day. 

Later I boogied to the office and met with my Dad’s ex girlfriend to get her prequalified. Some BS, but my dad dumped his gf out of nowhere and he’s kicking her out— its totally screwed up. So I told her to come meet me after work to see if we can get her in her own house instead of renting. She qualified, which is.... bitter sweet??? 

Wednesday night I had a prospecting party at my office. So…. basically the way that goes is, agents call a ton of people with the goal of getting as many appointments as possible anytime in the future. We have an in-house competition, but we are also competing with all of the other Homesale’s in PA and MD. All the branch managers are on a live video chat together like logging all of the agents appointments. It’s a really good time and they get gut us drunk so most agents show up and do a pretty good job! Lol. I spent most of this time finishing going through my database to not only get appointments, but to qualify each of the people, too. I want to make sure the people I stay in touch with are.... worth while to stay in touch with if you know what I mean!

Goshhhh this week was so long. 


Thursday
...I had an early morning meeting in the city— which, keep in mind, is extremely inconvenient for me being that I live in Marietta. I also hate going to Lancaster city and usually avoid it at all cost. To make things worse THIS GUY RESCHEDULED AS I WAS PULLING UP TO THE CAFE. That's so bogus I mean literally I got stood up, who does that? I sent him the middle finger emoji and blocked his number. Clearly, I couldn't control myself hahaha. I just did some work at the cafe… it was Chestnut Hill or whatever. I wasn't going to waste my time driving back to the office or anywhere else, they had wifi — it was good enough. 

Then I met my boyfriend for lunch cause he was also working downtown at Grace Lutheran Church. I had a meeting in Etown at 2 so I hiked it alllllll the way back home, basically. However, on my way out of town I had a stop to make in the neighborhood Grandview Chase. My man’s uncle has a lot of rentals in that neighborhood and recently noticed one property (not his) was flagged as a “foreclosure” on zillow. Because it was on zillow, though, he couldn’t get any information. So I kindly sent him all the info he needed, but he still wanted me to get in touch with the owner. That means I scored a new buyer! He usually doesn't use an agent, but I guess now that there's one in the family it's more convenient than ever. 

I did what I could to contact this person online or over the phone, but I was unsuccessful. My last resort is.....  knocking on his door. He didn’t answer the door. I left a hand written note and my biz card letting him know a cash buyer wants to purchase his home before it goes to auction on the 29th of this month. He still never called back………… I’m pretty sure he’s dead inside his home, but that’s another story. So that was quick, my 2 o’clock meeting was not quick at all and sort of irrelevant and finally I got to go home— BUT I WAS ON PHONE DUTY 6-8 OF COURSE. No call’s but being on call is literally worse than even getting a call, you know?

Friday 

...I had an exam that took me all morning, easily. Then I did some miscellaneous paper work and communications before a meeting at 11. That meeting was with this weird lender who reached out to me to try to make me like partner with them but that will never happen. My lender Dan Ranck is the only lender I will use til he dies. I spent most of my day, then, searching for buyers and getting ready for my open house this weekend. I made some flyers and sent out an email to everyone about it. It’s down town on S Prince St so I’m high key anxious about it. Of course it’s the weekend right before my birthday (1/22)... at which point I will finally be old enough to carry.

If you know anyone with real estate goals for 2020... give me a call with their contact info! 717.723.5915

Comments