Week 3 (12/30-1/3)

Buyer's are Liars.




At the start of the week I went hard to meet my goals for face-to-face meetings, pre-wail appointments and lead follow up's. I made calls, sent texts, and sent emails to get appointments on the books. I quickly had my work cut out for me.


My schedule was mostly filled with buyers. I had several showings, 4 to be exact. If I wasn't showing houses, I was doing paper work. Aside from New Years Day, I hadn't much time for anything else.

The Showings

One of my clients has been looking for houses for the last 10 months are so. He knows he wants to move, but has no idea what he's looking for. Just this Monday, we went to Red Lion, Wrightsville and Columbia to look at house. 

He then proceeded to tell me he wants to hold off till spring when he knows there will be more inventory. It is true, that during the warmer months the supply of available houses on the market goes up. It's a real challenge with buyer's to get them to..."bite the bullet" already. The hesitation is most severe when its a first-time home buyer. 

Friday I had a peculiar buyer, or should I say buyers... who were interesting in seeing a very large property. It was just shy of 18 acres and had a huge house on it with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. The two gentleman were looking to find some land with a house on it that their families could share. 

The special thing about this property was that it was under the clean and green tax cut act. That means this five hundred thousand dollar property was only taxed $1,400, annually. However, that comes with certain restrictions. This situation calls for a "needle in the haystack" buyer. Lucky for the sellers, there are many, many buyers right now. 

The showing went on for 2 hours. They talked remodeling and construction cost, business opportunity and subdivision... They concluded it wasn't for them, but I'm happy the showing excited their real estate interest. 

Buyer's will say the want something, but they don't. Thats for the "buyer's are liars" title. 

Other Meetings

Other than showings, I had one buyer pre-qualification with my preferred lender and one with their own lender. Both resulted in active buyers within a years time. 

Another meeting was with my accountability partner, who Ill tell you more about below.  I also had a voice-to-voice meeting with a settlement agent to go over power of attorney documents for an upcoming settlement. And finally, another voice-to-voice with a friend's father who will be looking to invest in real estate as soon as possible. We have a follow up meeting Tuesday. 

Coaching

I had my bi-weekly coaching call this week. My coach, Josh, and I set up the next weeks action steps. I filled them in around any appointments that couldn't happen this week. We talked about time blocking for buyer searching, qualifying my database and coming up with a prospecting schedule. 

To work on the prospecting schedule, I reached out to my "accountability partner" from a real estate class I took back in August. We had lunch and committed to a 2 hour long prospecting meeting once a week. 

I outlined my schedule for the coming week according to time blocks, including these prospecting meetings and to address designated time for buyer searching-- like, actively looking online for houses one of my buyers might like. Another thing I time blocked was admin duties. Buyer's especially require more paperwork. 


Comments